Click here to email
Click for Full Website
PO Box 756
Newport, OR 97365
Fax: 541 995 4785
Description of Practice
Whether the activity is a large meeting or one on one discussion I can help you focus efficiently and think creatively.
For example, in condemnation proceedings, a property owner (or the owner's lawyer) is facing a government agency with long experience and hundreds of cases. I have helped property owners get the unique aspects of their situation recognized. I've also helped utilities and government agencies educate property owners.
He began mediating and arbitrating in the 1980s. That work has included conflicts in business dissolution, divorce property distribution, valuation disputes, and service as a court appointed commissioner in eminent domain cases.
- Land use disputes
- Government policy
- Business management
- Property disposition
- Foreclosure mediation
- Property value
- Real Estate
Oxford University, Marshall Scholar, M.Litt
|2009||James Melamed||Divorce Mediation, 40|
|2009||Kevin Grant/ Jill Swiers||Community Mediation, 32|
|2009||Lauren McNeill||Court Systems, 8|
|2009||Scott Hughes/Wm Merrill||Construction Dispute & Review Board, 24|
|2009||Sam Imperati||Breaking Impasse, 1.5 hrs in service|
|2009||Oregon Mediation Assoc.||Conf. Sessions multiple topics, 16|
|2006||Center for International Understanding||Multiple topics community relations, 8|
|2010||Oregon Mediation Assoc.||Conf. Sessions, Multiple topics, 16|
|2011||Oregon Mediation Assoc.||Conf. Sessions, Multiple Topics, 16|
|2012||Imperati and others||DOJ Oregon Foreclosure Mediation, 24|
|2011||Kevin Grant||Manufactured Home Mediation, 3|
|2014||James Reim||Conflict Resolution, 6|
|2013||Oregon Mediation Association||Conf. Sessions, Multiple Topics, 16|
|2014||Jim Reim, Mindy Baxter||Teen Justice Panel training, 5|
|2012||Collins Institute||Foreclosure Avoidance Mediation, 24|
|2015||Oregon Mediation Association||Annual Conference sessions 12|
|2014||Oregon Mediation Association||Annual Conferences sessions 12|
• Smaller and Local Cases: neighbor property disputes, nuisance issues, landlord-tenant rent and damages and financial disputes under $10,000, within 100 miles: $75 per hour plus expenses.
• Business and Property Local Cases: Business dissolution and other disputes, divorce property, real estate (between professionals or between professionals and others), $125 per hour
• Family and Divorce (focused on property issues): division of property and assets, financial structuring, valuation, business ownership, mortgage and debt. $125 per hour.
• Construction Cases: home warranty, disputes among contractors, contractor-client disputes, contract interpretation, quality issues, performance, property damage, valuation issues; for cases contracted directly for mediation or arbitration, $150 per hour
Mileage at $0.50 or actual cost of public transportation, plus 50% of billing rate for travel time
Miscellaneous: telephone, special materials required for case (e.g. exhibits, space rent, equipment rental, etc) billed at cost.
Preparation: First hour of contact and prep time is not billed. For all cases requiring review of documents, depositions, pre-session meetings, drafting agreements and decisions, prep time is billed at the same rate as time in mediation and/or arbitration.
NOTE: Please feel free to ask for full detailed rate schedule, including consulting and work abroad.
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Cross Cultural
- Divorce (all issues)
- Eminent Domain
- Environmental (6 facilitated)
- Land Use (7 facilitated)
- Landlord - Tenant
- Marital Mediation
- Natural Resources
- Online Mediation
- Public Policy (7 facilitated)
- Real Estate (5 facilitated)
- Victim - Offender
- Online Mediator
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Mediation Consultant
- Conflict Coach
- Strategic Planning