Orlando E. Blake, PhD CPT
Click here to email
The Blake Group
Click for Full Website
HC 1 Box 577
Elgin, AZ 85611
Description of Practice
People have doubts and fears and can get discouraged about any dispute they are experiencing. I understand that. The word “conflict” raises all sorts of emotions and feelings. For some, conflict provides excitement and stimulation, while for others conflict causes discomfort and anxiety. Whatever the reaction, understanding and managing conflict successfully is a key personal and organizational competence.
My main task is to help you reach a mutually satisfying agreement through respectful communication and treating each other with dignity and consideration.
THE BLAKE GROUP, ELGIN, AZ 1993-Present.
- Mediation, Coaching, Facilitation & Training, specializing in employment, workplace, & business disputes.
- Founding Fellow of the Institute for Professional Coaching Association at Mclean Hospital, a Harvard Medical School Affiliate.
- Senior utive positions for Warner Bros, Mercantile National Bank and Guess? Inc.
- Awarded the experienced professional designation of Certified Performance Technologist (CPT) from the International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI).
INLAND VALLEY ARBITRATION & MEDIATION SERVICE (IVAMS), Pomona, CA 1997-2001 - Mediation Panel
LOS ANGELES COUNTY SUPERIOR COURTS 1994-2001 Mediator & Mediator Mentor Panels
ADJUNCT FACULTY 1998-2014 University of California, Riverside Extension - Department of Law & Public Policy
Claremont Graduate University 2001-Present School of Behavioral & Organizational Sciences
HUMAN RESOURCES, MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT & LABOR RELATIONS More than 25 years experience. Senior utive positions with GUESS?, Inc., Warner Bros., Inc., Knudsen Corp., Baxter Healthcare, Mercantile National Bank, and Sully-Miller/Blue Diamond Contractors & Materials.
- THE BLAKE GROUP Reduced legal costs by 45% by instituting workplace mediation and dispute resolution programs for employment and workplace complaints.
- Mediated employment, workplace and business disputes achieving an 77% success rate.
- SUPERIOR COURTS, COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES CALIFORNIA Mediation/Arbitration Panel Mediator Mentor Panel Mediator Mentor
- INLAND VALLEY ARBITRATION & MEDIATION SERVICES (IVAMS), Pomona CA
- Claremont Graduate University, PhD. Published Dissertation: "Turning Points in Mediation: an examination of disputant resolution behaviors in mediation"
- University of Southern California, MPA
|1994- On Going||Many over 25+ years||Too Many To List; Continuing Education Annually|
“You provided outstanding support and advice. An outstanding engagement.” Dr. Robert Bell, Sr. VP, Pasadena City College
“I very much enjoyed meeting you the other day at the Lane Stanton Vance/Morrill Mediation and I thought you did an excellent job. It was a pleasant experience and I am glad that we were able to have the matter resolved." - William K. Henley, Esq., Hahn & Hahn
“…Promptly brought the parties together, correctly identified the critical issues had actively intervened in the parties’ (or their counsel’s) discussions/negotiations only when, as and if needed – used discretion wisely.” - Donald Snider, Esq., Baer, Marks & Upham, LLP
“Superior performance by the mediator in trying circumstance” - Christopher Oberg, Western University Health Sciences.
“It was great to have your comments, input and insight to supplement my attorney…excellent and very responsive and professional.” - S. A. Weiner, Plaintiff
“Very well done and excellent facilitation skills…kept the parities focused on the issues and directed the communication appropriately.” - Mary Cooper, Esq., City of Los Angeles, California
“There are very few times that I provide recommendations either personally or professionally. However, this is one of those rare times that I enjoy providing one… In short, I can genuinely recommend Orlando for any mediation or business consulting assignment.” Hon. James McVittie (Ret.), IVAMS
Areas of Practice
- Business (21 facilitated)
- EEOC (24 facilitated)
- Employment (44 facilitated)
- Labor - Management (15 facilitated)
- Organizational (123 facilitated)
- Sexual Harrassment (11 facilitated)
- Workplace (149 facilitated)
- Communication Skills Trainer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Staff Developer
- Conflict Coach
- Strategic Planning
- Collaborative Professional