Click here to email
Description of Practice
She has experience in multiple industry sectors including corporate law, governance contracts, M&A, issues involving corporate board/shareholder meetings and immigration.
As a successful corporate lawyer and mediator for both civil and family cases, Sonia has experience in analyzing complex problems and providing legal advice from a business perspective.
Assisted in the start-up of domestic and foreign businesses in Brazil; served as Principal Counsel.
Served as Managing Director for eight foreign entities doing business in Brazil on a continuing basis, including taking all actions and making decisions to establish and furnish office space, hire employees and set up vendors for telecommunications.
Represented Austrian company specializing in sugar, oil, and coffee imports from Brazil (still serving in this role).
Legal counsel for German-Spanish company - leader of VOIP communications and a German company specialized in procurement and supply chain management.
Advised Brazilian national and international clients in the business, civil, labor and contract law.
Provided legal counsel for a Brazilian subsidiary of a US company, as part of a 20+ in-house legal department.
- Mediated dozens of cases including civil and family law matters (reaching final resolution in 75% ) in both Spanish and English at the Dallas County Dispute Resolution Center-DCDRC.
• Recipient of 2017 Impact Award (awarded to 4 mediators [of 250+] for making a positive impact on the profession
• Mediator of the Month awarded by DCDRC, April 2017
- Mediator at the SMU Mediation Clinic, Dallas, Texas, 2018 - Civil & Family cases
- Mediator at JP4-1 with Judge Jones, Grand Prairie, Texas 2019 - Small and Debt Claims cases
- Instructor of Family Law Training for Mediators. Collin College, Frisco Campus
|2018||SMU||LLM International Attorneys - Master of Law|
|2016||El Centro College||Family Mediation - 40 hours|
|2015||Collin College||Mediation & Dispute Resolution - 40 hours|
|2006||University Ibirapuera||Course toward MBA - Business school|
|1994||University of Law – Faculdades Metropolitanas Unidas-FMU||Law degree|
For more information email: email@example.com
Texas Mediator Credentialing Association – TMCA
Texas Association of Mediation – TMA
Areas of Practice
- Civil (general)
- Divorce (all issues)
- Divorce (parenting)
- Marital Mediation
- Oil and Gas
- Online Mediation
- Real Estate
- Small Claims
- Parenting Coordinator
- Advanced Mediation Trainer
- Mediation Consultant
- Mediation Trainer
- Mediating Lawyer
- Collaborative Professional
- Online Mediator